(Located 8 miles west of Phillipsburg, on U.S. 36 Highway)
established February 6, 1888
Population 45 (plus or minus a few)
Stuttgart's beginnings can be traced back to the arrival of homesteaders in the early 1870's when the entire area was nothing but unsettled prairie, inhabited by Indians and buffalo. From beginnings in dugouts and small log cabins, Stuttgart grew to be a bustling farm town with a Hotel, Tavern, Cafe, Bank, Movie Theater, Barber Shop, Post Office, Lumber Yard, Grocery Store, Train Depot, Elevators, Service Stations, Black Smith's Shop, Creamery, Two Lutheran Churches, Public School, Men's Baseball Team, and More....
Blacksmith's Shop owned by Kellerman Garage
...Today, Stuttgart has one Lutheran Church, a Grain Elevator, an Auto Repair Shop, a Service Station with Fuel Delivery Service, a Photography Studio, and Several Home Operated Businesses.
Emmanuel Lutheran Church - ELCA
More Modern Day Stuttgart Photos
1888 to 1988 Centennial History of Stuttgart
Dugout Home Lived in by early Stuttgart Settler
Historical Photos of Stuttgart
Emmanuel's First Church Building
Emmanuel's Second Church Building
Farmers State Bank
The Stuttgart Band
G. E. Woodard Blacksmith Shop